Aim: To take part in writing a Christian song. Taken from the BB Company Section Discoverer Pro Pack, Skills, Christian Faith C1
• Musical instruments
• CDs / Music Books
Aim: To write a Christian song.
1. Listen to some modern worship songs and read the lyrics at the same time to gain some ideas of how and what to write about in a Christian song.
2. List some simple topics I themes and then think about the lyrics that need to be included in a Christian song, e.g. loving God, praising The Lord, needing the Lord.
3. You could get lots of ideas by mind mapping with the young people.
4. Most gospel songs have been written on these themes because they work! However, what you must do is treat these topics differently. Find innovative ways of saying these things. Put a different twist’ perspective on these subjects and make it fresh.
5. More useful tips and advice can be found on the web sites below.
Tips / Advice:
• A good rhyming dictionary is a very useful song writing tool.
• It’s important to identify some young people who are gifted / skilled in writing and playing music.
• Use the a tune that is well known, refer to the Meters in the back of most Hymn books.
For full details see the BB Company Section Discoverer Pro Pack, Skills, Christian Faith C1