IGG INVESTIGATE: Complusory Challenge 06 TEAMWORK
6. Take part in a game or activity using eight compass points( Compass Call Running Game)
Compass points See overleaf)
Introduction The Brownies will gain knowledge of the different points on a compass.
• Using a compass find north in the meeting room
• Tape the letter ‘N’ (see overleaf) to this wall
• Similarly find and tape the other points around the room
• A leader calls out the direction and all of the Brownies run to the correct compass point
• As the girls begin to learn where the points are, remove the papers identifying the secondary points (NE, NW, SE, SW).
The Brownies are scattered around the room at the various compass points
The leader names two points and these girls exchange places by running in a clockwise direction
If the leader calls “all change” everyone moves to a new place.
Leaders note: If it is easier, label the middle of each wall in the room with N, S, E, W etc making sure that east is to the right of north and west to the left.
In Pow-wow discuss why it is important to know about the compass points.
- compulsory challenge
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements