IGG INVESTIGATE: Compulsory Challenge 06 TEAMWORK
6. Take part in a game or activity using eight compass points (Compass Rose Relay)
Four coloured cards
A deck of compass indicator cards per Six (see overleaf)
Large paper circle per Six
Introduction Through this activity the Brownies will gain knowledge of eight points of the compass
Instructions Compass Rose
• Make a set of compass cards per Six (see overleaf)
• Cut out a large circle of card per Six to represent a compass circle
• Demonstrate the compass rose to the Brownies by laying down the cards in order on a circle, starting with N at the top of the circle.
• Divide the Pack into teams
• Shuffled the decks of cards
• Lay cards upside-down and compass circle at one end of the hall
• Teams line up in file formation at other end
• Number off the Brownies in each team 1-6
• No. 1 runs to the designated area where she takes the first card and lays it down in the correct position in the compass circle
• She runs back tags player No. 2, who takes the next card and lays it in the proper position in the circle.
• Continue playing until the compass rose is complete.
• If a card is placed incorrectly, the next Brownie must put it in its right place, before taking a new card.
Brownies are in their Six corners with a Leader
Each Brownie completes the Compass rose individually
Leader uses a stopwatch to record each Brownie individual time for completing the task
In Pow wow the Brownie with the best time from each Six completed the task again to find the Pack Compass Rose Champion
- compulsory challenge
- Investigate 06
- Investigate Teamwork 06
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements