Visit to food bank
The cubs will be visiting the food bank to find out about the work the staff and volunteers do, why food banks exist and the people they help. They will listen to the manager and learn about the work that goes on, how food is collected and distributed and plan their contribution for a food collection day at a local supermarket.
Paper, pencils, crayons etc
Activities will include:
1) Listening to a talk from the manager on the work of the food bank
2) Making up a food shop for someone
3) Designing a thank you card for a local contributor to the food bank
4) Making a list of their favourite meals and a list of the type of food they think the food bank would give to their service users.
- Food bank
- Community Impact - Identify
- Community Impact - Learn
- Community Impact - Plan