Ready, Steady, Cook - Bring your own Edition
Patrol-based Ready, Steady, Cook but with a twist. Each scout is given a random category of item to bring in, and the patrol has to plan & cook a meal with them.
For each patrol:
- Kitchen (stove, tables)
- Cooking equipment (utensils, chopping boards, pans etc)
- Plates & cutlery to serve onto and eat with
From each patrol
- An item from each of the following categories (to be brought in and checked beforehand):
- Meat / fish / vegetarian equivalent
- Staple (e.g. rice, pasta, potatoes)
- Veg (two different varieties suggested)
- 'Extras', e.g. sauces, herbs, eggs... may want to limit the number of these per patrol
- Decorations, to make the meal look impressive (again limit these per patrol)
For the judging:
- willing victims / volunteers!
Set up a kitchen area for each patrol.
Inspect each patrol's supplies, removing any inappropriate or excessive items.
Give the scouts a fixed amount of time to prepare the meal and present it to the judges.
Judges try each meal, while the scouts tidy up.
Present (constructive) feedback and announce the winner!
- cooking on gas
- Camp Cook - [NONE]
- Chef - [NONE]
- Outdoor - [NONE]