IGG INTEREST BADGE: Ladybird Bird Watcher Option 01
1. Make a Bird Feeder
An orange or an apple per girl
Chocolate or Peanut spread
Small butter knife or glue spreader
Aim of Badge
The girls will learn how to make a simple bird feeder
This Badge has 2 options of which 2 must be completed
To appreciate the variety of bird life in Ireland
• Each girl should peel an orange.
• The peel of the orange is required for the bird feeder.
• If using apples, peel the skins of the apples for the girls.
• Punch the peel and assist the girls to tie a piece of twine big enough so that it can be placed on the branch of a tree.
• Each girl should spread chocolate or peanut spread onto the peel.
• Explain to the girls that birds need to store up lots of energy by eating fat to help them survive the winter.
Trefoil News Spring Edition 2017
- bird feeder
- bird watcher
- interest badge
- Trefoil News
- Trefoil News Spring Edition 2017
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements