Learn about Air
Learn about Air:
• discover that air is everywhere
• discover that air takes up space
• 7×10 plastic storage bags
• Dishpan-size tub of water
• Clear plastic cup
1. Put water in tub.
2. Crush a piece of newspaper and push it to the bottom of the clear plastic cup.
3. Turn cup upside down and push it to the bottom of the tub.
4. Pull cup straight up and pull out the newspaper.
5. Observe whether paper is wet or dry. Conclusion: The paper stayed dry because air took up space and did not let water enter the cup.
- air activities
- air discussion
- Air experiment
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements