IGG INTEREST BADGE Brownie Discovering Faiths Option 03
Find out about a world religion practiced in one of the following countries
• India• Switzerland• United Kingdom• Mexico
Copies of the worksheets (see overleaf)
Aim of Badge
To explore different religious faiths from around the World.
This Badge has 5 options of which 5 must be completed
Photocopy worksheet (see overleaf) one for each team of 4-6 Brownies and copies for Leaders
Cut up Brownies copies into 30 pieces and put into Ziploc bags
• Divide the Brownies into teams of between 4-6
• Give each team a Ziploc bag containing all the pieces
• Explain that they have to decide which symbol and set of 4 facts match each religion.
• After approximately 10 minutes bring the Pack back together and discuss their answers.
• Tell the girls the right answers
Debriefing & evaluation:
• Ask the Brownies how they found the activity
• Was it difficult?
• Do they feel they know more information about other religions now?
• Ask them to share with the Group one thing they have learned by taking part in the activity?
IGG Outreach Pack 2008
Attachments/Template needed for activity? Yes
- interest badge
- North East Regional Conference 2017
- team work
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements