Recognise and appreciate differences in others and how our actions can influence and affect others.(four corners)
A large room
Aim of Badge
To have a deeper understanding of friendship and how to conduct respectful relationships with others.
This Badge has 5 options of which 5 must be completed
• Choose four older girls to act as team leaders.
• Each of these 4 team leaders is given a characteristic that will allow someone to join their team. (This is done in private). A quite obvious physical characteristic should be used e.g. glasses, jeans, type of shoes, colour of hair, etc.
• Each team leader goes to a corner.
• The remaining girls walk around the outside of the room in silence, and pass each of the team leaders extending their hand to each leader in anticipation of a handshake.
• The team leader shakes her hand if a girl can join her group. Usually a few girls will not get chosen.
• The adult Leader lets these girls pass all 4 team leaders at least one more time. She then calls an end to the game.
• The Leader asks members of each team if they can figure out why they were accepted to that team. (The team has not been told that it is a physical characteristic).
• A few rounds can be played if the girls are enjoying it.
Debriefing and evaluation: - Ask the team leaders
• How they felt about having to accept or reject girls
• How the girls felt about being accepted
• How those not chosen felt about not being chosen
• Was it fair?
• What could have been done differently?
IGG Outreach Pack 2008
Attachments/Template needed for activity?