IGG VOYAGER Compulsory Challenge Change
Learn what makes a community. Make your own community tree (everybody belongs)
Pieces of Paper
To get the girls to focus on the local community and think about various aspects of this community.
Everyone Belongs in My Community
• Divide girls into two teams, team one and team two.
• One girl in each team gets a piece of paper and a pen to write notes.
• Each team is given a separate task, which will be performed in front of the other team once they have completed the task.
• Each girl in team one must imagine that their family is moving to a new town 100 miles away.
• They will be leaving their schools and neighbourhoods.
• Ask them to discuss what they will miss most about where they live; their friends, activities etc.
• Then create a role play about this situation.
• The girls in team two must imagine that a new family is moving into their area.
• Ask them to create a role play on how they would welcome them into their community.
• Each team performs their role play for the other team. Have a discussion about immigration with the whole Group afterwards.
IGG Outreach Pack 2008
Attachments/Template needed for activity? No
- compulsory challenge
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements