Water games night
An end of term themed water fight night
Buckets, jugs, sponges, leaky cups, umbrellas, deckchairs, sunglasses, sunhats, magazines, towels, beach bags,
WATER GAMES NIGHT
BEACH TIME RELAY RACE
Each team will "go to the beach" in relay fashion carrying the lawn chair and the beach bag.
Beach bag filled with game items (Blue Ikea bag)
A deckchair chair
1. Must set up the chair
2. Open the umbrella
3. Lay out the towel
4. Put on the sunglasses
6. Open the magazine
7. Repack before returning for the next person to go.
Put children into as many teams as needed.
Fill one bucket for each team and place them at a beginning line where game will start; place plastic glasses or cups in the buckets of water.
On 'Go" kids scoop up a glass of water and run to a set far line where additional large containers have been placed.
When the water is deposited, the child runs back to the next team member to continue play.
When they have all had a go they sit down.
FILL THE BOTTLE!
4 oz paper cups, 20 oz plastic pop bottles, Clean bucket, Finish line
• Set up number of teams possibly by number of people willing to get wet.
• On each team, one person lays on ground while holding a 20-oz plastic pop bottle on their forehead.
• Teammates run to bucket to fill up their 4-oz cup then they attempt to pour it into teammate's pop bottle while standing over head.
• Then the next teammate will do the same until 20-oz bottle is filled. Once the 20-oz bottle is filled, the bottle person should run to the finish line without spilling.
OVER-UNDER OUTDOOR GAME
Buckets of water, sponges, jugs
• Divide intoteams.
• Have them form a single file line
• At the head of each line put a bucket of water.
• At the other end put a plastic pitcher-- with a line drawn on it.
• Give a sponge to the person at the head of the line where the water bucket is.
• That person has to dip the sponge in the water to soak in as much water as they can. They have to then pass the soaking wet sponge OVER THEIR HEAD to the person behind--- who then passes the sponge to the person behind them THROUGH THEIR LEGS. --
The person at the back must squeeze whatever water is left into the pitcher and run the sponge back up to the head of the line and carry on until original person is at the front.
• WATER BALLOON SQUAT
• 1 bucket per team with at least 30 water balloons in each.
• The start and finish lines should be about 20 feet apart.
• Place the bucket of balloons at the start line in front of each team. When you say ‘go’ the first person grabs a balloon and runs to the finish line.
When they reach the finish line then must sit on their balloon and pop it. The player then runs back to the start line and gives the next person in line a high five, and then they go... and so on... until the whole team is done.
• Have players stand or sit in a circle outside.
• A water balloon is passed from player to player; however, the balloon is not passed around the circle as in traditional "hot potato".
• It is thrown across the circle from player to player.
• If a players fails to catch the balloon, or it breaks when he or she attempts to catch it, that player is out.
• If a player intentionally throws the balloon hard to make it explode in another's hands, he or she is called "out".
• The game proceeds until there is one dry person left.
- Team Leader - New cub
- Teamwork - Team game