Disability - Language of Respect
Activity where Beaver/Cubs/Scouts will learn respectful language about disability and disabled people
Attached document from the Million Hands Project
1. Print the language of respect sheet. Read through it and read links if more explanation is needed.
2. Print enough copies of the language of respect game sheet for each member of the group.
3. Read the terms and ask each participant to circle the term they think is respectful to disabled people.
4. Tell the participants the correct answer and ask them if anyone knows why the other term is not respectful or why the correct answer is more respectful.
5. If no one knows the answer, give them the explanation from the sheet.
- Disability - Language
- Disability Awareness
- language use
- million hands
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements