Learn about your body its parts and what they are For.
Learn to clean a window
Learn how to clean our hands.
-Large roll of paper big enough for the children to draw round (one person per lodge) and Felt Tip Pens.
-window cleaner (Washing up soap and water in a spay bottle)
-glitter & Hand cream (Mixed)
Our Body (20 min):-
- Leader talk about the body and the importance of how we look after it.
- Get the children to pick one person out of their lodge and then draw round their shape on the large piece of paper.
- Get them to draw and label the main organs of the body eg Heart, Lungs, Liver, Brain, Kidneys (use main body parts diagram)
- Talk a bit about what each of those parts do, and then this can lead into a chat about health & fitness generally.
- Discuss Healthy Eating (Drinking lots of water, Fruit & Veg, Doing Exercise etc.)
Pulse Rate activity (20 min):-
- Get everyone into pairs with one Cub lying down on the floor and the other taking their pulse by putting their finger on the pulse point on the neck or wrist (Google if necessary). Write it down somewhere.
- Do a run around game, then do some on the spot exercises - star jumps, running on the stop etc for about 5 minutes
- Repeat the taking the pulse activity.
Drinks (5 min)
Clean windows (10 min)
- Clean a Window
personal hygiene - Washing our Hands (20 min):-
- Chat about
- Having a wash / shower after
- Brushing teeth twice daily,
- Washing hands properly before eating and after going to the loo.
- Use glitter in some hand cream (subject to allergies) and the Cubs to try to wash it off.
- Handout at the end is a chart for them to use at home on being clean and hygienic - eg brush teeth twice daily, wash hands after the toilet, brush hair, have a wash etc.