No 14. Make and use a buddy burner
1Large empty catering can
1 small tin
Grease or candle wax
Plate/knife /fork/fish slice
Aim of Badge To practice traditional Guiding skills
This Badge has 20 options of which 5 must be completed
Subsequent badges may be earned when you complete 5 additional options
1. Cut the corrugated cardboard into strips so that they can be rolled into the small tin – until full.
2. Place wick in center of rolled up cardboard
3. Melt grease /candle wax in an old pot
4. Pour grease (melted candle wax) into tin
5. Leave to set
6. Cut two holes in the large tin, one at the top and one at the bottom at opposite sides.
7. Light wick
8. Place large tin over the small tin
9. Use the top of the large can as frying pan. – (when the top is hot pour on a little cooking oil and fry an egg.
You can find a How-to clip at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRJiVvdfLLU
All Guides should have hair tied back. Neckerchief taken off or tuck inside top. Bucket of water in case of accident
Attachments/Template needed for activity? No