4 Know the importance of using Sun Screen ( Sunscreen Quiz & Matching Skin types)
Fitzpatrick Sunscreen Quiz for each Guide (see overleaf)
Leaders Fitzpatrick Quiz answer sheet (see overleaf)
Skin reaction to Sun exposure (see overleaf)
SPF Chart (see overleaf)
The Fitzpatrick Scale (see overleaf)
A4 card in different colours
Aim of Badge To encourage good Skin Care Routines
This Badge has 6 options of which 6 must be completed
This section helps us to understand the importance of using Sun screen and will look at the Fitzpatrick Scale of Skin care
• Give each Guide a copy of the Fitzpatrick Sunscreen Quiz and a pencil.
• Each Guide circles the statement on each line which applies to her
• Once completed a Leader use the Fitzpatrick Skin Care Quiz answer sheet to shares the scoring point for each circled statement
• Guides total their scores.
• Give each Patrol a copy of “Skin reaction to Sun exposure” SPF Chart (see overleaf)
• Using the information, the Guides will complete their quiz to learn which Skin type they are, and the correct minimum SFP Sunscreen they should be using
What are the top five reasons you believe everyone should wear sunscreen?
1. The ozone layer is depleting and your body needs shielding from harmful rays
2. Skin cancer rates are on the rise and sunscreen has been proven to decrease the development of skin cancer
3. It helps to prevent facial brown spots and skin discolorations.
4. It also helps to reduce the appearance of facial red veins and blotchiness
5. It slows down the development of wrinkled, premature aging skin
Use the Fitzpatrick Scale matching game (see overleaf) to complete this option of the interest badge
Attachments/Template needed for activity? Yes 9 pages