Know and understand the Guide Promise
Basic plastic cup size 20cl
Double sized tape
To make a keepsake of their special day and reinforce the Guides understand of the Guide Promise
The Guide Promise
“I promise on my honour to do my best
to do my duty to my God* and my country,
to help other people at all times and to obey the Guide Law”
* The word "God" may be replaced by the word "faith" according to one's spiritual beliefs.
Design a Guide Promise Party Cup
• Print out the cup sleeve template (see overleaf) onto white card
• Guides colour in the Promise pin using the correct colours
• Guide then decorate their cup in their own style.
• Once finished roughly cut out leaving spare around the outline
• Don’t forget to put Guide’s name on the blank side
• Laminate the design
• Then cut carefully around the outline
• Use double sided tape, glue or a stapler to fasten the handles together
You could use sticky back plastic instead of a laminator to protect the cup sleeve.
The sleeve is designed to fit a Tesco/Dunne’s Stores basic plastic cup size 20cl
• While completing the activity ask the Guides about what they think we mean by doing their best, helping other people etc
• Discuss how they would like to use their Promise Cups during the Promise Ceremony