IGG Senior Branch Sustainable Development Goal No 03
No. 3. Good Health and Well-being (Activity 2 Fundraising Night for Malaria)
Make record of money in and donation made
Aim Please refer to Leaders introduction (IGG Senior Branch Special Focus No 3 (Leaders Introduction to Activities)
Fundraising Night for Malaria
• Discuss the impact malaria has on developing countries
• Research the work being carried out to improve the situation.
• Choose a country where malaria is a major danger
• Learn more about the lives of the people living there
• Hold a cultural event using their food and costumes to raise money for nets
• You could invite the other branches
UNICEF Ireland wants to send 100,000 nets to Malaria-infected areas. For only €14, you can buy 3 nets that will protect a child and their family for up to 5 years. In Sub-Saharan Africa a child dies from Malaria every 30 seconds.
- Branch Weekend 2018
- IGG SPECIAL FOCUS Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’S)
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements