IGG Senior Branch Sustainable Development Goals
3. Good Health and Well being (Senior Branch Leaders Information Sheet)
The Sustainable Development Goals* (SDGs) are a set of 17 universal goals and targets adopted by 193 UN member states on 25th September 2015 that outline a vision for the future for people and the planet. Each goal has specific targets to be achieved over the next 15years
For the goals to be reached, everyone needs to do their part: governments, the private sector, civil society and people like you.
Goal 3. Good Health and Well-being
When people are in good health, societies prosper. While a lot has been done to reduce the impact of HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases in recent years, real progress can only be achieved when everyone, including women and children, have access to good health care.
To learn more about the Goal download the App SDGs in Action or use the following link http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/health/
Aim of the following activities:
1. To introduce the SDG Goal 3 to Senior Branch members, and show how they can help achieve this goal
2. Learn about the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle, eating a balanced diet and exercise regularly
3. To focus on the international aspect of healthcare and wellbeing
The U.V. Game
To show how germs are passed on by /touch method: Probably best done outdoors and at night as UV paint is more effective in the dark
Fundraising Night for Malaria
Discuss the impact malaria has on developing countries. Research the work being carried out to improve the situation.
Model United Nations
To highlight how the UN, make life-changing decisions which affect developing countries, particularly when it comes to the role of women and children in society
Discuss how children are given vaccinations at various stages in their lives to promote health e.g. MMR (Measles, Mumps & Rubella)
There are certain health issues which only affect women, brainstorm and discuss them
- Branch Weekend 2018
- IGG SPECIAL FOCUS Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’S)
- leader information
- SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements