4. Learn Positive Communication Skills, Both Speaking & Listening (The Yes and No Game )
Aim of Badge: To develop and practise having a positive mental attitude
This Badge has 7 options of which 7 must be completed
The Yes and No game helps Guides learn to use other words to answer questions without saying the words “yes” and “no.”
Forcing Guides to search their minds for other words to convey meaning helps them realize how much more they have to offer in a conversation.
1. One Guide sits on a chair in the centre of the group.
2. The other guides ask her questions
3. The guide is not allowed to say “Yes” or “No” in her answers.
4. If the guide in the centre makes a mistake and uses a Yes or No word, she re-joins the group and the next Guide takes a turn.
5. Repeat this until each guide has had a turn in the chair (time permitting).
Attachments/Template needed for activity? No