IGG INTEREST BADGE Guide Engineering Option 4 (iv)
Take on an Engineering Challenge (iv Rollercoaster)
• Empty kitchen rolls/cardboard tubes
• Foam tubes for copper pipe insulation
• Containers/card/papier Mache
• Lollipop sticks/wooden sticks
• Paper plates/cereal boxes
• Plastic tubing/bottles/straws
• Straws/Tissue paper
Aim of Badge:
Engineering is everywhere and everyone can be an engineer.
This Badge has 4 options of which 4 must be completed
Option 4 has 5 sub sections of which 1 must be completed using the engineering design process
Instructions (please refer to more detailed instructions attached)
• Collect materials (see suggested material).
• Print (in colour) Handout 1, 2 & 3 overleaf: one set for each team.
• Print Handout 4& 5 – one for each girl
Introduce Scope of Project
Engineering Badge Celebration and Cool-Down Game (Evaluate)
Upload evaluation (data) on link:
Attachments/Template needed for activity? Yes 18 pages
- Engineering Design Process
- Interest Badge Guide Engineering
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements