IGG Guide Green Fingers 3. Identify the most common pests and how you would control them
Aim of Badge:
To encourage an interest in gardening.
This Badge has five options of which five must be completed.
Photocopies of the fact sheet and photos overleaf.
• Ask the Guides to list common garden pests.
• Ask one Guide to take notes.
• Assign each Guide with a pest and request that they bring a photo of the pest and instructions on how to control them.
Each Guide will present her picture and the control instructions.
Games: Photocopy the attached template and cut out each photo and name.
1. Match the picture to the name.
2. Place the pictures under the headings of good pest or bad pest.
- Running game.
- Place the template pieces upside down. A Guide chooses a picture and, together with her Patrol, they must name the pest, say whether it is good or bad, and explain how to control it.
Acknowledgement/Source: Fin’s Garden Centre, Macroom
Trefoil News Summer 2018
Attachments/Template needed for activity? Yes
- garden pests
- green fingers
- IGG Interest Badge Guide Green Fingers
- Trefoil News Summer 2018
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements