Electronics Activity Badge - Understanding
Show an understanding of components by completing the following three tasks:
A. Be able to recognise common electronic components that are shown to you. Explain, in simple terms, the functions they perform in electronic circuits.
B. Understand the systems used for marking components with their values and be able to identify the values of resistors and capacitors so marked. Understand the importance of the rating of a component.
C. Know the symbols that are used to represent common components in circuit diagrams. Show how to identify the polarity of a diode and a specific pin number on an integrated circuit.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of safe working practices to be followed when handling electronic components, and circuit boards and when undertaking soldering.
3. Use a multimeter to measure voltage, current and resistance in a simple circuit. Discuss the relationship between these values.
4. Discuss the main differences in operation of digital and analogue circuits.
Electronincs Cuircuit Symbols
Using the papwork provide, in patrols discuss the relationships between different items of the cuircuit board.
Show each group examples of resistors, capacitors, PCB's etc. SHow and explaine the understanding of safe working practices and show how to hold and fit electrical components.
Explain the dangers of using equiptment such as a soldering iron.
Explain the use a multi meter and test a few electrical items around the hall, and some that have been used for examples.
Explain the main differences between an Analouge and digital circuits.
- Electronics - Components
- Electronics - Digital vs Analog
- Electronics - Markings and Ratings
- Electronics - Multimeter
- Electronics - Safety
- Electronics - Symbols