Beaver Scouts create a tree with their promises on the leaves. Any promises not kept cause the leaf to fall off the tree.
Felt tip pens
- Paint a trunk and branches of a tree on a large sheet of paper, the larger the better
- Cut leaf shapes out of paper or card
- Each young person writes something they promise to do on a leaf
- The stick the leaves to the braches to create a leafy tree
- Take time in following weeks and months to discuss with the young people whether they have fulfilled their promise. If they did keep their promise the leaf stays on the tree, if not it flutters down to the ground