Scout Law Game
A game to help learn the Scout Law and recap the Scout Promise
Cut out cards from attached file
First we look at the Scout Promise as shown on page 3 and discuss its meaning.
The Scout Promise makes specific mention of the Scout Law, so we are going to look at that in more detail now. Use Page 4 to try and complete the missing words, then show the correct ones as per page 5.
Then run a short relay game:
Pages 6 to 14 contain all the words required to make up any one line of the Scout Law. There are enough words to only construct one line at a time per patrol. There are three words which are red herrings, just to make things a bit more interesting. If you have the resources, laminate these for repeat use.
1. Cut out each word and place in a pile at one end of your meeting place.
2. The Scouts line up (in patrols) at the other end of the meeting place.
3. On an appropriate command begin to construct each line of the law, one line at the time.
4. One member of each patrol runs to the other end, collects a word, returns to the patrol and places the word in front of them.
5. The next patrol member then goes and retrieves the next word and this continues until the first Patrol has constructed the first line of the Scout Law.
This can then be repeated for each line of the law.
At the end of each relay, award points to the patrol that completes the line correctly and then return all the words to the far end ready for the next line.
- law and promise
- scout Law
- Membership - Promise and Law
- Promise - Explain Promise/Law