Cook chicken curry
Cubsâ€™ customised chicken curry
This makes enough for four people.
Get yourself ready: wash your hands and put on an apron
Prepare your equipment: a chopping board, a sharp knife, a pair of clean kitchen scissors, a large frying pan, a tin opener, a teaspoon, a tablespoon, a wooden spoon
Sort your ingredients: vegetable oil, an onion, 4 chicken breasts chopped into small pieces or 500g diced chicken pieces, mild chilli powder, ground cinnamon, ground cumin, ground coriander, ground ginger, garam masala, a 400g tin of chopped tomatoes, a 400ml tin of coconut milk
1. Peel the onion, cut it in half and cut the halves into thin slices. Chop the slices into small pieces
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in the frying pan over a low heat. Add the onions and cook them gently for about 10 minutes until they soften.
3. Add your blend of spices to the onions and stir them in. Use a half or one teaspoon of the mild chilli powder. You can pick and mix which of the other spices you use and add up to 2 level teaspoons of each one.
4. Add the chicken pieces and stir into the onion mixture. Let this cook for about 5 minutes until the chicken begins to brown.
5. Pour in the chopped tomatoes and coconut milk and stir carefully. Let this all cook for at least 20 minutes so the chicken cooks properly and the sauce thickens.
6. Serve with your choice rice , naan or poppadums.
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements