Personal Safety Badge
Activity Packs, white board, pens, paper
1. Explain the dangers of playing on or near two of the following: railways, busy roads, building sites, cliffs, canal banks, sand or gravel pits, farmyards, river banks, quarries, moorlands and lakes.
2. Show you can use at least one of these codes:
* Water Safety Code
* Bathing Code
* Green Cross Code
3. Make up a safety code of your own choice. It could be for car passengers, train passengers or the playground.
4. Explain what you must do if a stranger starts to talk to you, and what you must tell your parents or carers if you are going out without them.
5. Know how and why you might contact helplines such as Childline, for example.
6. Explain the best way to stay safe while online. Write some common sense rules to observe while you are on the internet.
7. Memorise your address and your home telephone number or a parent's mobile phone number.