Grid Hunt Game
Test Cubs' knowledge of grid references
* Grid hunt instructions x 1 per team
* Grid reference guide x 1 per team
* Grid numbers, stuck under six cones
* 24 other cones
* Map with grid references x 1 per team
1. Set the playing area up with 30 cones, 6 of which should have grid numbers stuck underneath them.
2. Give each team a set of instructions, a map and a grid.
3. Cubs run up one at a time and look under a cone - if it has a letter and number they must remember them and write them down when they come back - if not they just replace the cone.
4. The winning team is the first to find all the letters and correctly identify the location on the map.
5. The answer is 483 135 - Parker's Farm
- grid references
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements