Aim: To show the Cubs the importance of washing their hands prior to food prep
Cardboard box, glow gel, UV light, Hand Washing instructions
1. Give each cub a squirt of glow gel and ask them to rub it over their hands so they're well coated including fingers.
2. In turn put their hands in the glow box so can see how 'dirty' they are.
3. Get them to go wash their hands
4. In turn let them put their hands back in the box to see how well washed they are (expect them to still have a fair amount on thier hands and fingers)
5. Go through the 'how to wash hands' poster, have them mime washing hands in a group.
6. Get them to go wash hands again and put them in the box see how 'clean' they are now!