Run through of normal Investiture Ceremony for a Cub Scout
Group Cub Flag
Cub to be Invested
Membership Badge, Name tag, District/Area badge(s)
- All Cubs fall in for Pack Circle with a gap for Akela (and/or other Adults)
- Cubs are bought to attention
- Sixer of Cub to be Invested is asked to bring the Cub forward, thanked and dismissed back to the circle
- New Cub is asked if they wish to become a member of the Cub Scouts. On answering "yes" (this is the important bit, if they answer "no" you've got problems!)
- The Leader asks all Cubs and Leaders to make the Scout Sign. The new Cub is then asked if they feel confident to say their Promise or if they want to repeat it.
- The Cub & Leader makes the scout sign with their right hands.
- The Cub (or Cub and Leader) then say the Promise:
I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to God and to the Queen
To help other people
And to keep the Cub Scout Law.
- The Leader then asks the Cub to say the Cub Scout Law:
Cub Scouts always do their best
Think of others before themselves
And do a good turn every day.
- The Leader welcomes the Cub to the Cub Scout Pack whilst putting the Group necker/scarf around the young persons shoulders and fastening with the woggle.
- The Cub is then presented with the Investiture Certificate and the Badges, salutes the Leader, Salutes the Pack and falls back in to his position within the Circle as a fully fledged Cub Scout.