Teaching the Beavers to balance as though they were in the Circus!
:: Two ropes
:: Various items to balance (either in the hands or on their head)
:: Explain that balancing is a very important skill in the circus and today we're going to test their balance in a variety of different ways.
1) Lay out the two ropes parallel to each other about 10cm apart.
2) The Beaver Scouts have to walk in-between the two ropes, one foot in front of the other.
3) Once they've mastered walking in a straight line, try adding a variety of of items for them to balance.
4) Once everyone's had a go, and if there's enough time, try challenging the Beavers to see who can balance the most.
- Fitness - Agility
- Health and Fitness - Agility
- Skills - Other