BSL - Scouting Promise
Learning the Beaver/Cub/Scout Promise in BSL
Section Promise Reference sheet
1) Ask the children to discuss in pairs or small groups what the promise is, before running through the promise all together.
2) Teach the children how to sign each line of the promise, saying it at the same time. Practise the promise from the start adding another half/whole line each time it is run through.
3) Practise the promise the whole way through, saying it as it is signed - younger children this can be done is groups with leader, older scouts could practise using the reference sheet themselves.
4) Sign the promise as a whole section.
- British sign language
- Communicator - Disabilities
- Disability Awareness - Communicating
- Disability Awareness - Fingerspelling
- Disability Awareness - Promise
- Disability Awareness - Sign language