A simple bird feeder for Cub & Beavers to make
You will need:
pipe cleaners (or plain wire if your kids are older)
1. Thread the Cheerios onto your pipe cleaners. Leave a little space at each end so you have some room to work with.
2. Carefully bend your pipe cleaner into the shape of a heart. Tip: I found it easier to do this if I folded the pipe cleaner in half before putting the Cheerios on. That fold then becomes the top of your heart. Keep the bottoms open for now.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 a few more times until you have your desired number of hearts. I made three.
4. Connect your hearts and twist the ends of the pipe cleaners to close each heart.
5. Attach a ribbon to the top and find a nice spot to hang it outside.