Walking on Eggs
Experiment to show how surprisingly strong eggs are.
6 boxes of 12 large eggs.
Material to collect mess - a couple of large bin liners will do.
Bowl with soap and water - raw eggs can contain bacteria that can cause food poisoning.
1. Check there are no breaks or cracks in any of the eggshells.
2. Make sure all the eggs are facing the same way in the egg boxes. Put the pointy end down and the rounded end facing out of the top of the box.
3. Spread the bin bag and put the egg boxes on top of the bin bag in rows.
4. Take off your shoes and socks.
5. Ask a friend to help you as you step on the first box of eggs. You need to make your foot as flat as possible.
6. When your foot is properly positioned, you can gently put your weight on it whilst you position your other foot on the second box of eggs.
7. Start walking! You might need to keep your friend for support.
Have you managed it? If your foot is flat and your friend supports you, you should be able to walk on eggshells. Otherwise, your feet could end up very eggy!
- Experiment - Experiment