Making Tiramisu, suitable for Beavers, Cubs and Scouts
Italian Tiramisu (updated 15/02/2014 after use with 30 Beavers and 20 Scouts) See attached example picture
Ingredients below did 10 Beavers/Scouts (based on 2 & 3 layers in a thin plastic cup)
See though Plastic Drinks Cup, per child
568ml pot double cream
250g tub mascarpone
5 tbsp golden caster sugar
175g pack sponge fingers
30g chunk dark chocolate (Grate the chocolate before the event.)
2 tsp cocoa powder
300ml strong coffee, (made with 2 tbsp coffee granules and 300ml boiling water)
Print Ingredient Stickers
Cheese Grater, balloon wisps, (an electric wisk is better) mixing bowls, cling film, spoons, scales,
1) Put the cream, mascarpone and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk until the cream and mascarpone have completely combined and have the consistency of thickly whipped cream.
2) Get your serving dish (cups) ready. Write names of child on each cup. (names rubbed off, better to stick labels on)
3) Put the coffee into a shallow dish and dip in a few sponge fingers at a time, turning for a few secs until they are nicely soaked, but not soggy.
4) Layer fingers into your dish/cup then spread over some of the creamy mixture. Sprinkle over a layer of the grated chocolate.
4) Then repeat the layers, finishing with the creamy layer.
5) Finish with a dusting of cocoa powder and sprinkle over the remainder of the chocolate
6) Cling film each pot, place in fridge until home time. Tell parents/kids to keep chilled at home. They can now be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Quantities above did 10 Beavers/scouts.