Each team to pass on description of the parts of an aeroplane to complete a diagram. First team to complete the diagram completely is the winner.
Printed blank template.
String or wool (12 small lengths per team)
Objective: Each team to pass on description of the parts of an aeroplane to complete a diagram. First team to complete the diagram completely is the winner.
Divide Troop into teams. At least 4 per team.
Team gathers at one end of the HQ.
Provide the team with a diagram of an aeroplane with the parts labelled (A3 if possible).
Place 1 chair per team in the middle of the HQ.
Blank template (A3 if possible), description labels cut out, 12 pieces of string/wool, sticky tape; set out at the other end of the HQ. One set per team.
1. Each team despatches one player (called the â€˜Pilotâ€™) to sit on a middle chair.
2. Leader calls out a part of the aeroplane.
3. Team (called â€˜Air Traffic Controlâ€™) review diagram and sends one player (called the â€˜Co-Pilotâ€™) to meet the Pilot in the middle. The Co-Pilot explains to the Pilot where the part should be on the diagram. The Co-Pilot sits on the chair and becomes the Pilot on the next turn.
4. The Pilot then goes to the end of the HQ picks up word and sticks one end of the string on the description and the other end on the template in the place they think is correct. Leader checks for correctness. If correct leave the label in place. If incorrect the leader removes the label. The Pilot returns to Air Traffic Control.
Air Traffic Control now select a different Scout to be the next Co-Pilot.
5. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 until the diagram has been completed correctly. The first team to label the blank template correctly is the winner.