This is a game based on Rock, Paper, Scissors for at least 4 players but best for larger groups.
Before you begin, explain these rules to the players:
• Rock conquers Scissors (rock blunts scissors). To be a rock, make a fist above your head with you palm facing outwards
• Paper conquers rock (paper wraps rock). To be paper hold your hand out flat above your head with you palm facing outwards
• Scissors conquer paper (scissors cut paper). To be scissors, make a fist above your head with you palm facing outwards with your second a middle fingers extended making a cutting action
1. Divide the Beavers into two teams with a space of about 4 feet between them and if possible assign a leader or young leader to help each team
2. Explain to each team where there ‘Home’ is (opposite ends of the hut)
3. To begin, each team retreats a few feet for a huddle to decide which object they will be: Rock, Paper or Scissors. The whole team will be the same object and they should also choose a backup choice
4. Bring the two teams back to their 4-feet-apart stance and on a count of three, each team yells what they and makes the relevant symbol with their hand above their head
5. If one team yells “Rock" and the other yells "Scissors" the Rocks (the winning team) chase the Scissors to their home, trying to tag the team members before they get there. Anyone who is tagged becomes part of the opposing team
6. If your team’s symbol loses, you must dash back to your home before you’re caught!
7. If both teams yell the same object repeat the count of three and the teams use their backup choice
8. Those people who get caught change to the other team and the game ends when everyone is on the same team