Rations per Person
A practical look at rationing in World War II
- Ration flash cards
- Normal size packets of food for today's families
- Ration factsheet
- Give a quick talk on what rationing is and why it happened
- Ask them to look at today's average portion of a food type.
- Then give the matching choices of sized food flashcards to make a decision how much they think was included in a child's ration portion for a week.
- Look at the answers and see how close they were.
- world war 2
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements