The girls will get a chance to measure and create this easy recipe.
for 15 Rainbows you will need
1 lb/500 g self raising flour
8 ozs/ 250 g Soft Margarine
8 ozs/ 250 g soft brown sugar
2 eggs beaten
6/6 tablespoons caster sugar
15 mixing bowls
15 teaspoons for mixing
15 named greaseproof paper squares
1. Each take your mixing bowl and put in it - 1 teaspoon soft margarine and 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar
2. Take your teaspoon. Mix well and add - 2 tablespoons of flour and 1 tablespoon of beaten egg
3. Mix well into a ball and put onto your named piece of greaseproof paper
4. Pull off small pieces of dough. Roll and shape into 3 or 4 letters. Sprinkle with castor sugar. Place paper and letters on baking tray.
Your guider will bake this in the oven at 350 degrees F/ 180 degrees C/ Gas mark 4 for 15-20 minutes until golden. Leave to cool.
- cooking, Fun with food, get HEalthy,
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements