Become Robin hood!
One of the 'Cub Year Of Adventure 2015' activities
Bows, arrows, targets, safety equipment.
1. Split the young people into small teams and go through the safety briefing with them.
2. Safety equipment including wrist straps should be worn.
3. The targets are placed out into the area, with a line to stand behind for the young person holding the bow.
4. Young people are shown how to use the bow and where to place the arrow.
5. Each young person has three arrows to fire and aim to hit the target.
6. Once all arrows have been fired young people are invited to see whether they hit the target and to collect their arrows.
7. Scores can be kept so that the next time they participate in Archery they can see if they have improved.
Always follow the activity rules www.scouts.org.uk/a-z and make sure to follow the instructions given by the activity leader.
- team building activities
- Year of Adventure
- Outdoor - Activity