Daruma Dolls represent a Buddhist monk.
Daruma Dolls are meant to bring good luck to their owners and are traditionally coloured red.
The dolls have no eyes when they are given, the owner colours in the first eye and set's themselves a personal goal or challenge.
Once the challenge is completed, the second eye can be coloured in.
Daruma Doll template
Paint or colouring pens/pencils
1. Print or copy the template. You can find this template on programmes on line.
2. Cut out the template.
3. Colour in dolls body and face but not the eyes of the doll.
4. Fold the tabs.
5. Stick tab A to the bottom.
6. Stick tab B to tab C.
7. Stick tab D to tab E. The doll in now complete.
8. Remeber not to colour both eyes in until they have completed their goal.