Know the names of the World Centres and where they are (Matching Cards)
Photocopy of information cards
This activity will help the Brownies gain knowledge of the World Centres.
Photocopy information sheets overleaf on to white card
Cut into individual cards.
• Give each Brownie one of the cards,
• Ask everyone to find the other Brownies in their World Centres group.
• Each group should have
1. The name of a World Centre
2. The year the World Centre was opened
3. The name of the country in which the World Centre is located
4. The national flag of that country
5. An activity you can do at that World Centre
6. A food associated with the country
Discussion Each group share their information in Pow wow.
You can explain that the World Centres are very special Guide Houses. If possible invite a member to you meeting who has visited one of the World Centres to tell the Brownies about it.