This activity helps Beavers explore why we need
rules and take safety precautions, so that everyone can enjoy themselves while out and about.
1. Take your Colony to a local play park.
2. While they are enjoying the facilities ask them to think about the following:
• Which part was your favourite?
• What has been done to keep you safe?
• What is still dangerous?
• What could we do to improve safety?
At a later date this experience could be used to reflect upon some of the games we play at Beavers and why we have rules. Perhaps Beaver Scouts might come up with their own rules?
Taken from Rise to the Challenge. Exploring Spiritual Development in Scouting
- Safety - Crossings
- Safety - Green Cross Code
- Safety - Stranger