1. Take part in an activity to help you remember your Brownie Guide Promise and Law
Copy of Brownie Guide Promise and Law
This activity teaches the Brownies the Brownie Guide Promise and Law.
Promise and Law Relay
• Divide the Promise into short phrases and then write each phrase onto a piece of card /paper
• Cut each phrase into smaller pieces
• Use various shapes or shapes that relate to Guiding e.g. trefoils
• The Brownies line up at one end of the room with the puzzle pieces at the other end
• On ‘Go’ one Brownie from each Six runs and collects a puzzle piece and goes back to her Six and tags another Brownie
• Each Six works together to rebuild the Promise
Make a separate set of playing pieces using the Brownie Guide Law.
Brownie Guide Promise
I promise to do my best
to do my duty to my God* and my country
to help those at home every day and
to obey the Brownie Guide Law
*The word "God" may be replaced by the word "faith" according to one's spiritual beliefs.
Brownie Guide Law
A Brownie Guide thinks of others before herself
and does a Good Turn every day.