IGG DETECT: Now you’re a Brownie Guide 03 OUTDOORS
3. Know and demonstrate the Safe Cross Code
Lollipop Stop sign
Homemade zebra crossing
Words of song are in attached file
This activity will give your Brownies a good understanding of the importance of road safety in their daily lives.
1. Go through general road safety and rules of the road with the Brownies.
2. Put the Brownies into Sixes.
3. Give each Six access to the props and get them to prepare a
drama/song relating to road safety.
[Approximately 10 – 15 minutes]
4. Get the Sixes to perform their drama/song for the Unit.
Ask your Brownies what they thought?
How did they feel?
- road safety
- rules of the road
- safe cross code
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements