IGG GROW: Compulsory Challenge 05
Learn what and when World Thinking Day is (Food, Song, Dance, Card)
A dance, a song and food from another country
Ladybirds will understand the reason we celebrate World Thinking Day.
Tell the Ladybirds about World Thinking Day. It is celebrated by Guides around the world on 22 February every year. The 22 February was chosen as it is the birthday of both Lord Baden-Powell, founder of the Boy Scout Movement, and his wife Olave, who was World Chief Guide.
1. The week before decide what country to celebrate and ask the Ladybirds to bring food from the country chosen.
2. On the night teach the Ladybirds a song and a dance from that country.
3. Make a World Thinking Day card and send it to a Ladybird from another country.
4. Discuss and enjoy the food from that country.
5. If possible, take part in a World Thinking Day celebration.
Each year hold a Birthday Party for Lord and Lady Baden Powell.
- thinking day
- world thinking day
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements