IGG GROW and FLY: Choice Challenge 26
Go on a scavenger hunt outdoors
Packet Feathers (optional, they can be hard to find)
The Ladybirds will take part in a scavenger hunt in the local area or on a trip.
• Make a list of items you want the Ladybirds to find e.g. a leaf, a flower, a stone, an ant, a spider’s web, a bird's feather
• Get the Ladybirds to draw a picture of each item
• Bring the Ladybirds outside to look for the items
• As they find each item they draw a circle around their picture of that item
Talk to the Ladybirds about the items they found and did not find.
Why might they not have found something, e.g. there might be no flowers in the middle of winter.
Then talk to them about ‘Leave No Trace’ and why it is important not to bring the things we find home with us.
- Leave No Trace
- scavenger Hunt
- Trefoil News
- Trefoil News Summer Edition 2017
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements