IGG INTEREST BADGE Brownie Healthy Body Option 01
Identify the important nutrients/ food groups needed for a balanced diet Find out more about these (Ladders Food Groups)
Poster of statements,
2 sets of cards with statements
Aim of Badge
To understand how to keep your body healthy
This Badge has 5 options of which 5 must be completed
This activity will teach your Brownies about healthy eating.
Ladders Food Groups
Prepare a poster of statements , suggestions as follows:
1. Carbohydrates give the body energy
2. Bread, potatoes, cereals, pasta and rice are rich in carbohydrates
3. Minerals are important for strength and movement
4. Calcium makes bones and teeth strong
5. We need some fat to carry vitamins and minerals in our body
6. Too much fat can be bad for us
7. Protein is the building block to help us grow
8. Meat, fish, milk, nuts and seeds have protein
9. Most of the body is made up of water
10. We should drink 8 glasses of water every day
11. Vitamins protect us from illness
12. Vitamin C is in fresh fruit and vegetables
Make 2 sets of cards with the above statements written on them
Divide Brownies into 2 teams. Teams line up so that the two teams face each other.
Each girl pairs with the person opposite her. All pairs sit down on the floor with their legs outstretched and soles of feet touching.
Leader displays poster and hands out cards to each pair (same card to each pair).
- food groups
- Interest Badge Brownie Healthy Body
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements