To cover the Beaver requirements for the communication bade, this will go through the basics of emails and how to send one. A piece of homework will then be given to each Beaver to send an email to the Beaver Leader from home.
A slip of paper with instructions for the email, this has to include the beaver leaders email address
Cover the basics of emails in a talk with the Beavers
* ask them if they know what an email is
* Electronic mail, most commonly called email or e-mail since around 1993, it is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Email operates across the Internet or other computer networks.
* An Internet email message consists of three basic components, the address of the person it's being sent to, a subject, and the message itself although things like attachments can be added
* You can create, forward or reply to emails
* Give the children a task to send an email to the leader as homework, an idea might be to do it as part of themed even. We had a spy theme and sent them home with this
From : email@example.com
Subject : A special Mission
Your mission should you choose to accept it, is to send me back an email from home with the answer to the following question
What is the Beaver Promise?
This message will self destruct in 30 seconds, or then again, it might not!