To take turns using wheelchairs/ walking aids around obstacles in our room then take them out to the shops to experience ease/difficulty of access for people with physical disabilities.
Wheelchairs, sticks walkers etc.
Obstacles such as chairs or chalk path to follow.
In pairs have one person as wheelchair pusher and other child as wheelchair user. The aim is to navigate around the obstacles safely, building up trust between partners. Once completed they can swap roles.
Visit a local shop to see what issues a person in a wheelchair would experience when completing routine daily tasks.
- Disability Awareness physical disability
- obstacle course in a wheelchair
- Disability Awareness - Accessibility
- Disability Awareness - Aids
- Disability Awareness - Wheelchair