IGG INVESTIGATE and EXPLORE: Choice Challenge 23
23. Make a secret code and get another Brownie Guide to crack it (Secret Message)
Pictures for Secret Message
Copies of clues per pair
Master copy for Leaders including answers
Brownies must try to crack a code.
Find the Secret Message
This activity will help the Brownies understand that there are different ways to make a secret code. (See page 140 Journey Planner)
This is also a good activity to use on a Pack Holiday
Decide on a short message to make.
Example: Feed the Birds in winter.
Make a list of question for each letter in the message.
Find a picture to represent this letter.
1. This Brownie six emblem has wings = Fairy (Picture of Emblem)
2. The country where Brownies started = England (Map of England)
See suggested question and answers overleaf
• Place cards with the 20 answers to the message around the room (Don’t number these cards)
• Give each pair a question sheet. Starting at a different number on sheet.
• Find the answers. Write the first letter of answer beside the correct number on their sheet.
- Hidden message
- hidden messages, secret code, wide game
- secret codes
- wide game
This activity doesn't complete any badge requirements